GET NEW BLOG POST SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

"She picked them, He chose me."

It was a breezy April evening, lately our Mississippi weather has remixed on us leaving our flowers so confused.
The Sharks (my son, Xander's soccer team) were playing an excellent game, they are in the fundamental stage of soccer so watching it click for them is so entertaining.
 

Meraleigh, our sweet 3 year old found herself skipping and picking clovers in a nearby field. She popped up beside me with her hands behind her back smiling with bright blue eyes blinking at me and said, "you'll lub these little yellow flowers." With surprise I scooped her up and my bushel of handpicked flowers and thanked her over and over.



As she danced back to the clovers I thought about how above all, she picked and gave those flowers to me. With intent, she chose them, arranged them, and decided to surprised me.
All that she had, she gave with pure gratitude.

Quickly, I was reminded of another time that has happened.
God gave us the greatest gift He had, He gave us eternal life.
An instant gift, the moment you believe that Jesus is God's Son, and accept Him into your life.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Where are you, right now, where are you?
There isn't a sin that will not be forgiven. We aren't picked apart or picked on, we are chosen by God with purpose and we can't find his purpose if we continue allow sin to separate us from Him.
Jesus died so that we could have everlasting life, He did that for all of us but He would have done it for just you alone.
Have we truly accepted Jesus Christ?
Are we longing for peace, great love, or a love that is unwavering?
There is something more than the physical you, there is the spirit-it lives inside and it will never be satisfied or be whole with things of the earth. It must have things of the spirit and that is God.

We are ALL sinners, we have all lived for ourselves and disobeyed God, we have all fallen short but that's not where it ends. We have the same opportunity to have everlasting life by saying a prayer of salvation, confessing our sins-where we fell short of the mark, professing faith in Christ as our Savior and Lord, and pray this prayer.
"Father, I know my sins have separated me from you. I'm sorry and I want to walk away from a sinful life and walk towards you. Forgive me. I believe your son Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, and He is alive and hears my prayers. I'm inviting Jesus to be the Lord of my life. Amen."

Meraleigh gave me a gift, all that she had, it was her best, and she chose to share them with me.
God gave His son for all, not a few, but all and that was His best most perfect gift. We don't have to win it, earn it, or work for it, it is free. God freely gave to all who will receive Him.

If you don't know Him as your Lord and Savior, I want to help you get there.

"Have Zest and Receive His Gift"


2 comments:

  1. Kelli Champion (Bates) here- thank you for this Kristin! So beautiful & needed ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thank you for reading!!

      Delete